Saturday, 25 May 2013

The Job Seeker Diary: STRUGGLING AGAINST 'JOBLESS' STATUS

It was the story on 2012 after I was finished my oral examination for the internship as my final task. Certainly, I wasn't officially graduated from school yet until the graduation ceremony which was held on September 29th, 2012 at such a function-hall or multipurpose-building at school. Thus, with my status who was still 'student' I tried to spread out many applications to some companies. Then waiting for the interview call is the most awaited moment for me. Initially, I was still-not-in-a-hurry condition when i was started to, but then after being jobless for a quite long time (it took for about 3 months, when some of my friend has got their first, second and blablabla salary) it made me got worried.



Okay, i'm still remember when i was first came to such company which I applied to. But for this company, I didn't applied the job that suitable with my background. I thought I'd try the new challenge by looking for the that position maybe there would still a connection between my background to that jobdesc. Moreover, there's no prohibition to apply job which doesn't suitable with your background, because some people did, and they're feel comfort on that. Maybe after being a lil bit gloomy students on my vocational school, I decided to swerve my major to another (maybe) enjoying work, far from that. But unlucky opportunity came to me. After got interview with  HRD staff (without psychology test), then continue for the user interview. I found out that this user refused me subtyl, indirectly deep to my heart! WAW! She said to me that my background is too 'valuable' on this job. This valuable word means you're-not-suitable-in or  this-just-a-piece-of-cake for you. Maybe she was appreciated my skill as a chemical analyst and this job is too simple to me. Okay, from that embarrassing experience, i'll not take any job that unsuitable with my background! *throw that things so far away* *at least for this time*.



Okay, there was many experience I had, every company has its own regulation to recruit its employee. Not all companies use the psychology test as the requirements on recruitment process. And for those all, i have never passed through the psychology task session on something like consultant. Even there's only 2 candidates who applied to (so i have only 1 competitor). And foolishly both of us didn't pass that session including the interview session. Very exhausted if I remembered when I did the very much problems I should do in a limited certain time. When I did that PSYCHOtest I feel like the sickening feeling  throughout my body, I was difficult to finished that correctly and appropriately with my truly skill. Maybe my personality was matched but I couldn't show that in test, so i wasn't passed that PSYCHOtest smoothly..



And for the interview session, both HRD and user I always get confused and made a awkward answer if they ask me for what is my advantages and my disadvantages. I'm afraid to looked selfish when I told my advantages and I also scared to looked undeserved to told my disadvantages to them. And they response are various, it depends on what kind of interviewer personality, there's interviewer who really appreciated of what I'm talking about my self, and there's also that (seems) unlike of, and they usually gave such a trap-question like 'what's my future plan?', 'what will you do if there's a problem during work?' I'm difficult to answer that in correct way. As a beginner, I always get trapped and absurd moment occurred between me and interviewer..


And usually the some companies also hold a Medical Check-Up requirements for those candidates, in this part maybe a sign that candidates will automatically accepted for that company. But there's a bit people who failed to pass this part, because they had a serious disease that company will rejected them. From that part I also learn that being healthy is the most valuable things. And gratefully I'm in a health condition until now (i hope forever, AMEN).Okay that's all my experience in finding job, see you in another post!


No comments:

Post a Comment